YOUR PARTNER IN RESEARCH
Four-in-one machine: excellence in textile technology
Shown for the very first time at ITMA 2019, the new DNB/EL-32 is an electronically controlled warp knitting machine with double needle bed that is especially designed for the development and production of complex and sophisticated textiles.
Because of its versitality and flexibility, the DNB/EL-32 is the ideal machine for research and development processes in textile laboratories. Among the several innovative features on the DNB/EL-32 are the introduction of an electronically controlled 12 bar configuration and electronic long shifting device. The combination of these elements allows a high number of different configurations, since the machine can be designed with 8 or 12 bars, all electronically controlled. Further available configurations include a design with 2 central DLTs and 8 bars, or 2 external DLTs and 6 bars.
Higher efficiency, minimum clearance requirements and fluid movement in each configuration.
- Higher efficiency: reduced working width allowing fast article change overs for small and long runs
- Compact machine design with all integrated devices including the beam support
- Fluid movement of the machine’s knitting mechanisms
Suitable for complex and innovative textile applications.
- Technical textiles such as nettings, geo-textiles and industrial fabrics
- Medical textiles such as nettings, bandages, dressings and disposable pants
- Shoe uppers
- Garment textiles
LONG THROW DEVICE
Electronic long throw device up to 560 mm.
The electronic long throw device (DLT) allows the production of reinforced fabrics for furnishing and garments applications, as well as the design of highly innovative technical textiles with continuous weft insertion, i.e. by using conductive yarn.
AN INFINITE RANGE OF YARNS
Processing of an infinite range of yarns, both natural and synthetic.
The DNB/EL-32 allows the processing of any yarn type, simply by varying the gauges: natural fibres, synthetic yarns, special yarn materials such as aramid, glass fibre and metallic yarns, high tenacity PP and PES yarns, monofilament yarns and many more.
MAIN APPLICATION SECTORS
Medical, orthopaedic, technical, smart textiles, geo-textile nets, shoe uppers, garment textiles
DNB/EL-32 FOR MULTI-AXIAL APPLICATIONS
In partnership with STFI and Pinkert, COMEZ has developed the MULTIAXIAL/EL-32, an electronic warp knitting machine with a double needle bed for the production of technical articles and multi-axial fabrics. Consisting of a DNB/EL-32 combined with a special device for the rotating insertion of the wefts, and using a special rotating creel, the MULTIAXIAL/EL-32 allows for the production of complex multi-axial fabrics for a variety of application sectors, from aerospace to shipbuilding and nautical, automotive, transport, and wind power.
Some of the Institutes, Universities and research laboratories that rely on COMEZ technology:
- Centexbel, Belgian Textile Research Centre, Belgium
- Drexel University, USA
- Marmara University, Turkey
- STFI, Sächsisches Textilforschungsinstitut e.V., Germany
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA
- Westsächsische Hochschule Zwickau, Germany
- Wilson College of Textiles, North Carolina State University, USA
- WRA, Wool Research Association, India